Surgical Treatment for Women with SUI
Sometimes self-management or the drug treatment your doctor has prescribed does not improve your incontinence. If you suffer from stress urinary incontinence (SUI), your doctor may recommend surgical treatment.
Common surgical treatment options for SUI are:
- Sling implantation
- Burch colposuspension
- Bulking agents
- Artificial compression devices (balloon insertion)
- Artificial Urinary Sphincter (AUS)
The aim of all surgeries is to cure your incontinence. How this is done varies. Together with your doctor you can decide which approach is best for you, based on:
- Your age
- The severity of your urinary incontinence
- How bothersome your symptoms are
- Your general state of health
This section offers general information and situations can vary in different countries.